photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Girl Talk - Grace talk.

Who knew Judy Blume was onto something MAJOR when she wrote "are you there god? It's me, margaret". Young Girls praying about getting there period and wanting bigger boobs. that's girl talk, not prayer talk, right? Judy Blume doesn't think so and after today neither do i. (i realize AYTGIMM wasn't a 'christian' book, just bear with me. also i'm officially a 21st century social media guru. check out THAT abbreviation)

i started at the very late age of 14. i didn't know that wasn't "normal". i prided myself with a 3 day cramp free, every few months type of cycle. i'd throw on a pad and go about my life, while my sister would suffer the full 5-7 day cycle in bed drugged up. Even though she got to miss school, i considered myself the lucky one. as i got older my cycle got more irregular and a little more painful. when i was about 16 or 17 i got a heavy dose of PMS, and thats when the devil snuck in.

After talking to God this morning, i realized satan uses my menstrual cycle against me, (i'm not really sure how it could be used in my favor), he would throw "traps" at me while i have PMS brain. i don't need to break down PMS brain, do i?
over thinking, over emotional, over sensitive, over eating. over irrational. you know what i mean. the devil does NOT play fair, at all. preying in on us in our most fragile state. or is that just me? as women we have made this one of those "thats just the way it is" type deals, But do you know giving in to your PMS-ism separates you from God? Throwing your hands up and saying "it is what it is" Prevents you from experiencing the fullness of joy he promised and wants to give you.

It doesn't have to be that way though! Lucky for us Jesus covered this on the cross! YES jesus died so you could think clearly, stay even tempered and not overeat on your period. God doesn't take a break every 28days so we can menstruate alone. He'll fight the devils attacks even then.
All you have to do is ask him. Talk to him. he loves hearing from us, even about our cycles:)

God really Does think of EVERYTHING! He's so legit!

<3 ∞,

RLC!

1 comment: