photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Thursday, January 12, 2012

What's the point?

You ever just NOT feel like it?
Ever have not a single fiber of your being see a point in it?

since starting this blog, i've had a lot of those days. i'd wake up and know i need to post, then think to myself "what's the point, it's not like anybody reads it"... i have to remind myself WHY i'm doing it so i say a quick prayer, and sit before my computer. i usually struggle with what's on my heart to say and what i think people want to read. i can't seem to shake this thing about being noticed. so, I struggle with showing the true condition of my heart and being that "cool christian". when honesty wins i take that as the ok from god to shower all my social media platforms with my posts. (God gave me the ok, that'll get me noticed... right?) the way i see it, i can be aware that i have good content without being proud, so when my theory slaps me in the face [- if they read it, and like it they will share it.-] i start to second guess my talents and natural abilities  and see little purpose in being consistent.

However, as embarrassing as it is to admit, this is a poor school of thinking, and i have a hunch i'm not alone in this. (i'm sorry to drag you into this).

Let me explain to you the exact purpose of my blog:

  • sharing thing i WISH i heard during my "early years" of walking with christ.(prevention)
  • tracking my progress in my walk, and sharing my experiences .
  • launch my speaking career. (it's the truth, id be lying if i didn't say so)
Somewhere between morning and night my list jumbles and my last reason supersedes my prior and begin to self indulge. that is selfish in every way possible. It is the utmost act of selfishness and disrespect to use God as means to elevate ourselves. (not like it  works anyways). The Bible says we must humble OURSELVES before God. that means HE will do the elevating, but if were waiting for elevation we haven't reached true humility.

If we are constantly second guessing the road were on because we don't Feel like we're doing anything worth while, if we fall victim to the "what's the point" syndrome because we aren't getting noticed. we need to check our humility level. You may be riding shotgun in my beamer of oblivion. (just kidding i don't drive a beamer, but this an analogy right? can i drive a beamer in an analogy? well go with yes.)

I Talk a lot about statutes of success because i am currently having a hard time wrapping my head around it. i know i'm not alone. Everything you read on this blog is a past or present experience of my own. I simply hope that MY gunk will connect with someone else's gunk and we can grow to be gunk free together.

<3 ∞,

Ryen Lynette Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment