photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Sunday, February 26, 2012

You must be boring!

Luke 15[ESV]
28But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him, 29 but he answered his father, ‘Look, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command, yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might celebrate with my friends.30 But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your property with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him!’ 31 And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. 32 It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brotherwas dead, and is alive; he was lost, 
and is found.’”



"You don't have to be tragic to be interesting"
These words sent daggers through my heart. I Spent my whole life practically Begging God for tragedy to occur in my life. Yesterday while i was in church and alot of the stories started with "ive been in the world, you name it i've done it..." and i'm all like: That's cool but i grew up in church and never strayed away(too far). I have always,until recently, felt like the prodigal son's brother. Us goodie goodies get NO LOVE! I never understood that everyone has a story. Tragedy isn't the only avenue for salvation.

My story: I had a good childhood. parents were married and involved in my life.
they got divorced. mom remarried an abusive(mostly verbal, sometimes physical) tyrant. no one listened to me when i told them he didn't sit well with me. mom later on divorced him. i graduated high school. never went to college. my dad died. oh yea, did i mention i have a sister. i just love her. she's great. now i live with my mom and even though we have financial struggles we get by. oh yea, the depression.anxiety- suicide thing, that happened. im ok now. Jesus rescued me.
i am currently getting my funfabSAVED organization off the ground.... not sure where to start but you will soon see it...everywhere.

To some my story may be boring, to others it may be tragic.
however, it is MY STORY and it's just as interesting as everybody else's!
God divinely ordained every moment in my life for the purposes to save my soul and instructed me to share it so i may, through the power of the holy spirit, save someone else's soul.

Were all in this together! Don't be afraid to share your story in fear that it isn't interesting enough! it Will touch who god ordains it to reach:)

SHARE YOUR STORY!
*looks at comment box below, looks back at you*
We'd LOVE to hear it!

Have fun! BE fab! LIVE saved!

<3 ∞,

R.L.Cooper


No comments:

Post a Comment