photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Friday, February 22, 2013

Prayer 101.

I don't know about you, but I for sure am guilty of putting [The act of] prayer on a pedestal. Placing it in such a high place of expectation, that it almost killed me, and brought me to the conclusion that prayer doesn't work.
It is vital that we (and my 'we' I do mean me) get back to the foundation of Prayer. It's time we (and my 'we' I do mean me) just shut up and have an encounter with God.

Jeida Has this to say about having intentional encounters with God.



What if the secret to connecting our humdrum, mundane lives to the supernatural pleasantries of God was as simple as saying a prayer? What if the breath of ZOË life could be summoned by prayer? What if prayer is the avenue through which our earthly lives and God’s heavenly kingdom collide?

Could it be this simple?

Prayer is one of the most essential rites in Christianity. Everyone knows Christians pray, or at least we should. But praying is a struggle for many people because we are disconnected from the God we’re praying to. Samuel Bentley and Micah Wood, co-authors of Simple Devotion, observe, “Everyone assumes that everyone prays, but hardly anyone really does… We talk a lot about prayer, but we do very little actual praying.” My pastor, Louie Giglio, adds, “We’re not praying as much as we should be, and we’re not praying the way we ought to.” We know prayer is vital, yet we shy away from the prayer closet because it feels mundane, boring, and inactive compared to other spiritual activities. How, then, do we begin to enter into an intentional prayer life?

To read more Hop on over to Jeida's blog: Destiny Collisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment