photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

sometimes you get so excited you snatch a random ladies wig off of her head....

Yes, this happened.
 to me. In real life.
Sitting in the arena as a soul filled songstress sang her heart and soul out, left it on the stage and satisfied my being, I got so excited I [accidentally] Snatched a ladies wig off her head.
I raised my hands, I put them down.
and until I felt the tap on my knee and the mortified whisper of "can you hand me my hair" I had no clue it happened.

And through the uncontrollably gut wrenching barely breathing laughter,and the realization these these are words no human should ever have to utter, Jesus whispered into my heart a message of self love and acceptance.... because no one can snatch we He has given...


and with this subtle, inadvertent message Locked deep inside my heart I took to Mtv. and VH1. and Bravo. and the style network. and tried to enjoy me weekend until I realized we have been doing this all wrong.
I have been doing this life all wrong.

Our greatest err, is when we look to people for what they are teaching us, as opposed to what we can learn from them.

It's not their job to teach us, and guide us and mold us.
We are not to put our trust in them, because if we rely on people to teach us, and guide us and mold us, they will fail us. every time. we will fail them every time....
Just a lot of failing would happen.

and it just isn't fair, to us, to them, to those.

I can't judge that lady for wearing a wig. I can't tell her that she is sending the wrong message to young black women. I can't take a single look at her and assume I know her story, assume that she is hiding under a wig. All I can do Is apologize for snatching her wig off, and allow Jesus to do the work that he is doing. Today, I am going to break down the fourth wall of appropriation and instead of looking to people for what they can teach me through the box that is my life and values and ideals, I am going to look to God and through his eyes see what he is showing me to learn through them.

because it is better to take refuge in the lord than to put your trust in man;it is better to take refuge in the lords then to put your trust in princes.

tis all.


P.s.: Please head over to My dearest darling Rae's Blog and read her heart on Miley Cyrus and the VMA show, because it is bold and brilliant  and real and all the yesses and amens.

No comments:

Post a Comment