photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just say thank you.... all the time.


He was Born on a wednesday, but not today wednesday.
He's my brother from another mother.... and father....
The only male voice to ever be heard across this pretty blog space...
Hailing all the way from a continent most americans STILL think is a country...
You know him.
You Love him.
enjoy.....







Have you ever wanted something so bad, you didn’t even realize it when you finally had it? Have you ever chased so hard after a dream, you were too exhausted to celebrate when you finally reached it? Is that even possible?


I have thought about the Israelites and their conquest of the Promised Land, and I can’t help but wonder exactly when they realized they had made it. Was it when the manna ceased? Did they only realize it when some kids came home with bee stings (I’m sure something like that happened)? And if it took some time to realize this, does it mean they actually lived in the Promised Land without acknowledging that God had brought them into that good land, thereby “depriving” God of his well deserved praise? That is a big deal right; not giving God the praise that is due him. Or?? “If I do get there, I’d praise God. And even if I don’t, I’d thank God.” After watching “Facing the Giants,” I coined that phrase. 

So there I sat in my lecture, after a hectic past week of admissions and other related stuff, and I just watched, somewhat numbly, as the lecturer went about his work and students enthusiastically answered questions posed to the class by the lecturer. Then I was reminded in my spirit of the many times I thought, When I finally get to the Promised Land, would I even realize that I have made the transition from wilderness to Promised Land?”  I had walked the wilderness lands for too long, I failed to notice the change in scenery when I entered the Promised Land.




My point is, if we only choose to thank God after a big break, what happens in the moments when we fail to recognize the break? What happens if, for long periods of time, only a series of small breaks come our way? Do we hold back our praise and gratitude to God?
God pulled another master stroke of his perfect wisdom when He instructed us in His word to “give thanks in all things.” 

Because you see, if we waited until something good happened before giving God thanks, we would forfeit more than a half of our thanksgiving, because it does take some getting used to, when you’ve been in the wilderness for so long, and enter the Promised Land at last. So make thanksgiving a lifestyle. That way, even when you fail to notice you are living a miracle, you’d still have been in thanksgiving mode anyways. And if you do realize it, you could never give God enough thanks, could you?


Get to know Eyram a little more, 
soak in all his musings, wisdom, and 
what I can only assume is chatter about sports. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment