photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Are you there God? it's me. no, not margaret.

How many blogs/books have you read about "when God's not near"?
How many of them said "because he's working on your behalf"?
at least it's something along the lines of those Questions, right?

Well, FunFabSAVED is joining the cloth of cliche'd bloggers.
*throws confetti, were conforming*


This morning i woke up and did my morning "duties"... before i had devotion. per usual, but it just wasn't "feeling" it.
(if you are not aware, i'm not in school. nor do i work. i battled depression/anxiety for about a year(because of these things)... i started recovery in october and i'm only getting better..(thanks jesus).. however, some days are better than others... so when my keys went missing and my car started having problems about a weak ago, that darkness TRIED to return... but god is Greater. even so, i haven't been in any rush to get out of bed)
For devotion, I usually say a quick prayer, Read a few things, then pray again(in more detail). i;m not really sure why but During my [FIRST] prayer i began to ask for things i never ask for, (i don't ask mainly out of fear of being rejected), and admit things i don't like to admit... i had a very real and transparent moment with God, so when i cracked open my reading material you would find to my dismay that NOTHING i read this morning "applied to me"... has that ever happened to you? you just KNOW god is gonna speak to you through devotions, but doesn't.... it gets frustrating.... so i tried a different piece of literature and to no avail...
However, much to my surprise  i was frustrated for a FLASH, is a flash less than a second? let's just say it is. For a milisecond, Satan tired to throw the "where is God?" question in my face, to his dismay THIS came to the forefront of my mind, and instead i said "wow god, that was fast" and my soul was at peace.


IT. WAS. SO. COOL!

normie to normie,  the stuff we read in "famous" blogs/books  IS REAL!
Yay! the losers are winning! (jk. you're not a loser.... he might be, but not you.)
i'm saying this to you because it literally JUST HAPPENED!!!
most stories we, well I, hear about "god moving in the silence" is after everything is All said and done. But THIS JUST HAPPENED.... so i know and can tell you from 30minutes experience. IT IS POSSIBLE to trust and believe God even when he doesn't feel near, even when your still "waiting".
Jon Acuff, my favorite blogger(aside from myself of course), said "wrestling with god is a sign of intimacy". BOY! was he right! i wrestled with god for a while. i felt like he needed to tell me something i'd never heard before, so i know it's real.

By beholding we become changed, so if you feel you keep reading/hearing the same thing OVER AND OVER again... GOOD! [i learned this lesson TODAY!]
It's changing you! from the inside out, and since we have heard all the weight-loss analogies in relation to spiritual well being. i'll spare you the torture.

it's so cool How God moves.
Just keep wrestling... once he pins you and makes you tap out.
you'll thank me... erm Him!

<3 ∞,

Ryen Lynette Cooper.


p.s. Check out this ultra cool video blog from an ultra cool person.

No comments:

Post a Comment