photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Friday, January 27, 2012

Don't believe the hype. God LOVEs when you brag!

1 Thessalonians 5:18

New Living Translation (NLT)
18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus


I spent most of my life Claiming i wasn't really "blessed". I never Got what i asked for(which was always something within reason, rarely tangible.) and so i assumed God just wasn't in the business of blessing me. He didn't favor me. The nice things that Did happen for me felt like a pacifier to shut me up, and being an all or nothing type of girl i don't take too kindly to being shut up.
Thanks be to God that this couldn't be further from the truth. He showers me with blessings and advances of Love everyday. all day. my heart just has to want to see it. i had to stop acting rotten for just a second and open my eye to God's shameless wooing.


I've decided to make a list of 30 things i am grateful for(in no particular order). To show off my god. HE has blessed me beyond measure and i just wanna brag a little. is that ok? Will you join me?

  1. sight
  2. my car
  3. carpeted floors
  4. my cell phone
  5. my bed.(it's SOOOO comfy)
  6. internet access
  7. clothes
  8. my teeth(A megga watt smile crafted by the creator himself. no braces)
  9. all my limbs are properly placed
  10. my face is structured properly(not missing anything)
  11. All the food in my house.
  12. mirrors.
  13. the fact that i enjoy looking in mirrors.
  14. my hearing
  15. my macbook
  16. indoor plumbing
  17. cable
  18. social networking
  19. Jesus(grace & mercy)
  20. my talents(speaking and writing)
  21. my love for books and reading
  22. cheetah/leopard print
  23. jeggings/leggins
  24. working internal organs
  25. my toes 
  26. music(esp spotify and itunes)
  27. my family
  28. my church(& my pastor)
  29. my blog.
  30. my readers.

This is an inconclusive list of Gifts God has given me over the years. CLEARLY this just scathes the top. I am so grateful for his many blessings. even if they don't come how i want them. he still always come through. showering me with love.

How about you? can you share a list of 30(or more) gifts god has showered you with? Let me know. leave a comment below.
or you can tweet me 30 times. whatever boils your noodle.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. my wifey
    2. all the rest of my friends & family
    3. of course, my GOD & Savior Jesus & His Spirit
    4. Holy hip hop
    5. other genres of music
    6. spiritual gifts
    7. the body of Christ as a whole
    8. Romans 8:28
    9. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
    10. Psalm 139
    11. God's perfection is made perfect in my weakness
    12. clouds
    13. rainy days
    14. my bed
    15. my room
    16. how the last two make me feel like a princess
    17. rhymes
    18. big words so i can increase my vocabulary
    19. all the ministries GOD has allowed me to take part in
    20. my phone. my smart phone cause it really does help me be smart
    21. my eyes.
    22. hats, scarves & other accessories
    23. the peace of GOD that surpasses all understanding.
    24. my Bible.
    25. my desire & hunger to study the last one.
    26. my heart.
    27. that #24 is written on #26
    28. GOD's not done with me yet, i've still got lots of #25 to do to get more #24 written on #26
    29. it doesnt matter if anyone doesnt read or enjoy reading this list cause i had a good time writing it
    30. my dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff!
      thanks jesus for all 60 of these blessings:)
      THANK you!

      Delete