photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Friday, December 7, 2012

Jesus Loves Rih this i know.

Disclaimer: This is in no way an endorsement or a promotion of ANYTHING but the love of God through the sharing of my heart and life experience. 

Here's the backstory: I've always been a fan of Rihanna. Since 2005. When 'pon de replay' came out and I just knew I was from the left side of somebodies island. It was not a pretty sight. I was also 15 so that should excuse me, at least a little bit. Over the years as I began to grow in christ and my "ways" began to change my music tastes began to change as well, including my love for Rihanna, and although I never complete ditched "secular music",(I really dislike that term, but whatever) I was mostly only into CCM.
Just recently she released a new album and I was kind of excited for it. It was odd to me that I was as excited as I was because my itunes most played list over the last couple of years consisted of Britt nicole, Jimmy Needham, Jamie Grace, The arrows(the south african  pop duo, not the 70's rock band) and  most recently Selah[just to name a few].
When her album 'Unapologetic' debuted I listened to it and of course I loved it because duh, I've always loved her music. One song in particular stood out to me. It's called "right now" and it's a super techno dance pop record. Now without doing a full lyrical breakdown, just know the chorus spoke directly to my life situation. Spoiler alert: it's a carpe diem anthem. The first verse spoke words of my feelings towards God and the second toward my feelings for my dreams.

One night as I was driving down the road singing the song at the tippy top of my lungs, I couldn't help but smile. I realize Rihanna's music isn't very conducive to my spiritual well being. I realize her music doesn't glorify the one I call my savior and yet what The Devil meant for evil God used for good! Even in my shortcomings God found a way to show me that he loves me and his eyes are on me. He revealed himself to me through a Rihanna song. He's so cool. I love him. That is all.

<3 ∞,
JesiRae

No comments:

Post a Comment