photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Friday, March 1, 2013

.Certified Fabulous Monthly Challenge. (March)


I couldn't be happier that the 'Certified Fab' Challenge has fell on day 6 of National Eating Disorder Awareness Week(NEDAW) AND Self harm awareness day! These struggles hit very close to home, and are part of the reasons Certified Fab was created!

My prayer today, as it is everyday, is that those who suffer in silence by such a consuming darkness can get the help and freedom they deserve, and those who know someone will learn how to calibrate sensitivity to help, and the firmness to not be an enabler.

Love is louder, recovery is possible, freedom is worth it!


Certifiedffab.tumblr.com
The First of every month I have dedicated to ME!
A shameless celebration of who God created me to be.
I know from the outside looking in this may seem like a vanity project, but for someone who lives in a perpetual state of self loathing this is a healing process. Trust me;)
Each month I will list 3 different thing about myself that I like, 3 different thing about life that I am grateful for, and 3 insecurities that I have reconciled.
What do I like about myself?
I like that I am open to learn.
I like that I am flexible with what I want without being a pushover. 
I like that I don't hold grudges.

What am I grateful for?
I am grateful for the people I met through The Kite Project.
I am grateful for adventurous heart/spirit.
I am grateful for my teeth. I am grateful that they are properly placed and work efficiently, and are straight and white without an dentists/ortho's help. It's simple, but it's a blessing I definitely take for granted.

3 insecurities I have reconciled:
I used to hate the roundness of my face, now I realize it's perfect for short hair which is my fav kind of hair to have.
I used to hate my social awkwardness, then I realized if people were gonna get to know me, they would have to get to know me, and I am learning how to simply be myself. socially awkward and all.
I used to be insecure about how big my brain was. I think a lot and can usually hit every notch from one end of the spectrum to the other. I realized that this is just the way I am created, and my brain, without me trying to change it, will one day change the world!

Wanna Take the challenge with me?
Download the image above, add it to your post and make a tri-list of your own!
Send (twitter/facebook) me the link!
OR
Leave a Comment Below!

No comments:

Post a Comment