photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Friday, March 15, 2013

.Drop Kicking Truth.

Last night, for a solid hour and a half, I helped my friend dust her house, much of which was without dust.
Shelf after shelf, statue after statue I wiped, I polished, I dusted.
All the while thinking to myself, "This is stupid and I'm tired. There is no dust. WTfool are we dusting"
As I got on my knees to dust the bottom shelf of the table God whispered in my ear "Why wait until you see dust, to dust. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there"

There really wasn't anything I could say, I mean I knew exactly what he was talking about.

A lot of times, I skip out on prayer and quality quiet time with Jesus because I don't see a need. The general reason why I choose not to do something is because I don't see a need. I realized I base most of my decisions on whether or not I see a need.

On my knees laughing because God just drop  kicked me in the heart. I realized Whether I see a need, doesn't mean there isn't one. I am only a simple human being with the attention span the size of a gnat. (I officially pronounce the G since Mordecai did on the Veggie tales version of Esther.)
God sees all, as in everything, so if he directs me to do something, well then folks, I reckon I should do it. He knows what he's doing.

It's as simple as that.

 God really does think of everything.
Literally.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect. And ROFL about "WTFool am I dusting for?" You make me giggle and this was an awesome object lesson for me today, cuz I too generally do something when I see a need for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout out to @Missindeedy on twitter for tweeting this post. Cuz here I am with dust everywhere - literally and figuratively - and I'm NOT doing anything about it. Thanks for this drop kicking truth. I'm busting out the dust cloth now.

    ReplyDelete