photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tastes like crow...

Or maybe I should call it "Man, Matthew 7 really messed me up"

I can admit that I can be...oh who am I kidding I am judgemental... not extremely, and not about everything... just a lot to very, about health and eating. However I have always felt justified in my actions because of Matthew 7, plus I'm a big girl, I can take what I dish...

...despite my appearance of physical unhealth and my eating disorder, I am a generally healthy person... more healthy than most... Because of my ED and the destruction of my colon it takes a little extra time and effort for me to loose body fat(people dnt know that)... Even still I am a proud  of my good health, I am knowledgable and passionate about health and I reserve the right to judge...

That is until I was judged about my appearance while eating a salad that tasted alot like crow(I also have a bad habit of judging people's interpretation of healthy eating)...

I was sitting down having a very casual conversation with very pregnant, very hormonal sister, somehow the topic of food came up and how she doesn't eat vegetables. Perpelexed at how one could enjoy a meal sans veggies I suggested she eat local and fresh, I tried to dispel the "it cost too much to eat healthy" myth, and I introduced her to pure barre....a low impact highly effective workout regimen; all in all I was just tryna help a sistah out!

As she sat intently listening, do you know what she said to me?

"I don't want to hear anything about health & fitness from you until you have a 6pack"

...and there it was.

In the manner in which I made a habit of judging, I was being judged.

Listen, Jesus wasn't on the mount spitting a sermon for his health, he gave us a peice of his heart through these words to admonish and encourage our hearts to be open and compassionate; we haven't been given a free pass to insert our haughty and pious opinions into other people's lives; and for our own good.

He knew that not even a spoon full of sugar will help the taste of our own medicine go down.

"Judge not lest ye be judged, for the measure in  which ye judge ye also shall be judged..." Matthew 7:1-2KJV

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment