photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Baby, I swear it's...

Deja vu.
I get it alot.
Like a lot, a lot.

And not your typical "whoa, this is familiar" deja vu.

I'm talkin the "world spinning, soul shocking, specific details of sound, taste, sight and smell" deja vu.

it's pretty intense and so deeply imbedded in my pschye that for a while I thought I had "the gift". I secretly still think that I do and since Ive been traveling so much lately I've secretly been wishing it to be true.

However after all this time trying to muddle through the mysteries of my psyche, I think I realized the what and why of my deja vu.

Recently, like a couple days ago, I prayed a prayer asking God to open doors that needed to be opened and closed doors that needed to be closed. And he did. Literally. Not even a full 60 seconds after that prayer, I got up closed the door to my sister's bedroom, realized I left something the bathroom and discovered I was locked in.

Locked in.

I was technically locked in my sisters bedroom like a disney princess, but I was also locked in the season of life that I have so desperately trying to get out of.

As I layed on the floor hysterically laughing from the reality of my life and how these things manage to happen to me, I rolled on my stomach and there it was.

Deja vu.

A lingering familiarity of sight, smell and feel. The stale smell of a new apartment carpet, the hairfilled dust bunnies under the bed from hand sweeping, the rough feel of crumbs underneath my elbows scatterd across the floor as if someone ate crackers in bed and quickly tried to hide the evidence.

I've been here before.

I'm supposed to be here now.

and then it hit me...Deja vu, for me, had been nothing more than foreshadowing.

I see glimpses of my future, and thats how I know I am exactly where God wants me, when he wants me there.

Deja vu catapults my heart towards Jesus and drops me right at the place we all need to see before we die.

All in all it's just really cool to have that confirmation.

I am his and he is mine.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment