photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

22 years of cumulative wisdom.

It can be summed up in one statement. 
Don't speak unless He tells me to.

Property of: e IV - @thafourth


It's a lesson I've learned time and time again on this life journey, it is one that bears repeating as year 23 rapidly approaches. It's one that the good Lord keeps whispering to me at every turn at every bent knee at every heart cry.


He tells me every time I sit to attempt to start a book, or a writing project. or a blog post. or a Facebook status. or a tweet. or an email. or reply to a comment or begin to post a comment.

He tells me every time a slick or petty thought creeps in my head and my fingers itch to text and gossip with my hen sisters. He tells me when my very pregnant very hormonal older sister pushes those buttons the way only a sibling can, and it's only natural that I push those buttons right back. He tells me when life tells me I have to have it all figured out and that I am running out of time, and my heart years to complain.



Don't Speak unless I tell you to he gently whispers when my phone breaks, or my car stops working or my computer gets temperamental.  He gently reminds me because he knows that I want and need to love him for who he is not what he does. no matter how hard I throw those pesky little temper tantrums.

He gently reminds me, because he needs me to know how to listen. to not only know how to listen but to actually listen.because listening, after all, I mean really listening, with my ears and heart and eyes and mind, to the one who loves me and knows me and created me, is the most important thing.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That'll preach right there. Oh yes it will.

    ReplyDelete