photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Because sometimes you don't want to be you.




Sometimes I wake up and wish I could write fiction like Jeida. Other times I stare back and that blinking cursor that I love to hate and wish I could seamlessly put words and stories together like Brett. then there are those days (which is like everyday) I find myself wishing I was as funny and concise as Missy. Then there are times that I wish I could paint pictures and weave tapestries that pierce a soul with my worlds like Rachel.

More times than I'd like to admit I sit in front of this 13in macbook screen and wish, my hands and my brain and blog belongs to someone, anyone else. someone who touched people with their words. someone who got numbers - comments. views. shares. - someone who was clearly called for this line of work, this extremely underrated art form. and I know it's silly, to not love my art because I know I am legit.(toot toot suckaz) I know I have talent and I know this is what Jesus and I have agreed upon as a thing for my life. Yet, and I blame the estrogen, I still find myself cowering back and down to my insecurities. - and as much as they suck. I love it. Because it gives me something to write about. It breaths life into my fiction. I win the staring contest with the cursor. I am funny and concise. I paint pictures and weave tapestries with my words. not like Jeida, or Brett, or Rachel or Missy. - Like me. Jesi Rae.

I no longer negotiate with insecurities, when they creep up, I wrangle them down and I use them to my advantage. to connect. to be transparent. to grow. Because that's the kind of writer I want to be, but more importantly, that's the kind of woman I want to be. one that is confident. not because she has no insecurities but because she takes no crap from them. a women who is open and honest and transparent because that is true strength. a women who is ever learning and loving and understand and growing, because that is wisdom.

I can't, and you can't my fun and fabulous friend, be [confident, strong, wise] wishing you were someone else, wishing you had what someone else has.

To be a woman who stands tall and firm with roots plated deep and wide. a woman of confidence, of strength, of wisdom. - That comes from learning and knowing and growing in who and whose you are. #FunFabSAVED

To be a woman of character, that's what my heart desires. That's what my life is working towards.

Stay Fun and Fabulous my Friends.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are only going to get stronger, wiser and smarter from here on out. I'm so proud to know you and thankful that you're stepping into who you are. Because, it's pretty fun and DEFINITELY fabulous!

    xoxo

    Brett

    ReplyDelete