photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Just Pick one.

Ive been fighting this thing since I was like a freshman in high school.
I knew something was wrong with the system they were laying out for us.
I saw this 1-dimensional box they were trying to shove us in at the tender age of 14.

"pick one thing you like and make it your career."
"pick your major, and make it good"
[Read: start thinking about it now prepubesant adolescence, because the moment you turn 18 you are stuck with that decision for life."]
SN: aint it fun. being 18 is too young to drink or to get married but its old enough to vote and make major life decisions that adversely affect your entire future and the future of the world? 

Of course I didn't say anything at the time because it was only socially acceptable to go against this grain if you had a remarkable talent, mainly like singing or tangible art. and so I went through the motions almost getting consumed in appropriate societal behavior.

What I didn't fully understand or realize then, that I'm realizing know is that I don't want to be anything. I just want to be. I want to do things. a lot of things. cool things. different thing. my interests blow with the wind. and that is ok. because my goal is to simply Be.

just this morning I woke up with a theory about dreams and physical comfort levels and i became instantly and deeply interested in Sleep patters. Does that mean i want to become a Sleep Dr. of course not. i don't care that much.

[Update 3.7.15 - Photo credit || raychillster.tumblr.com || she is a fairy and I'm happy i found her.]

however what I do care about is experiences, and people and my passion is to have experience WITH people and  encourage people to HAVE experiences.


how will that translate into an avenue that enhances my life and enhances my way of living.

I can honestly say I do not know. but for today I will refuse to subscribe to the "Pick One" archetype.

I will continue to do cool things and meet cool people and live fully
fun. 
fab. 
and fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment