photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Monday, January 23, 2012

OH joy, another lesson in self love.

I once read a tweet that said "why do the ugliest girls have the most confidence".
"HOW RUDE! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" is what i wanted to say. however, i just tried to ignore it. Yet that statement plagued me. i've never been "the pretty one". so i didn't really know how to take it. all i knew was i didn't like it. i naturally assumed that if people told me i was "pretty/beautiful/sexy" then i was, and if they didn't i must not be. if people complimented me on my looks i was  accepted into the beautiful people club and was then allowed to flood my social media platforms with photos of myself. HA! I'd always heard the message of self love and not caring what anyone thought about you, but i never really believed it. For the longest time i didn't understand the line between loving yourself and being vain. so i just avoided the matter all together. it's very simple though Loving yourself because God loves you is "self-love". anything outside of that is vanity. Once i wrapped my head around the fact that The creator of the universe(known and unknowN) loves me i learned to Love myself. I learned a lesson in Loving myself a couple of months ago from a Young Jamie Grace through a song she shared about her struggle with Tourette syndrome.

Help FunFabSAVED spread a message of love. Join The movement. (<-- CLICK THIS LINK!)
Simply put together a slideshow of 10-15 of your favorite pictures of yourself and add a personal message of "loving yourself" also, share an insecurity about your face that you've overcome. Then share them across your social media platforms. (twitter/tumblr/Youtube tag = Funfabsaved, creatorsworth or Loveyourface].

You are beautiful. YES EVEN YOU! don't ever be ashamed of your face!
i'm serious. it's legit!

Have fun! Be fab! Live saved!

<3 ∞,

Ryen Lynette Cooper.

2 comments:

  1. Aww this is a beautiful wonderful idea ry ry.!

    Miickey.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the tweets get you down...

    I came to your blog from Jon Acuff’s site. He has created a tremendous forum for sharing our blogs and impacting more people with them.

    I hope my blog can be an encouragement to you also.

    I write it for encouragement and motivation daily.

    http://i-never-fail.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to watching the connections grow!

    ReplyDelete