photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Friday, December 14, 2012

I have a Tatoo. I Forgot.

Somewhere on this blog I talk about my struggles with self loathing in it's various forms, but I don't think I have ever mentioned what happened once deliverance occurred. In Nov of 2011, I was officially walking in freedom in Christ. So naturally, I got a tattoo. To celebrate, to remind, to encourage. Also, it was 21st birthday, and my sister was paying.

I called it my ebenezer(like Samuel in 1sam7.12). It was designed to remind me to always keep the faith, because my faith was the only constant in my life, thus being the beacon that led me to freedom.

This is what it looks like.

my wrist is ashy. classic poor hygiene. 


A month after I got it, I forgot I had it and was startled by it during a groggy early morning shower. It wasn't until I later realized that while the tattoo may be in clear view on my wrist, the reminder is forever in my heart. I think about my past struggles and the deliverance thereafter when I look at the cross, not my wrist. Everything, and I do mean EV  ER  Y  THING! can be found at the feet of Jesus the Christ.

Don't get my wrong, in no way do I regret it, but the message I learned from it was not the message I intended. Jesus is just a cool kid that way. He really does think of everything.

<3 ∞,

JesiRae

No comments:

Post a Comment