photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

.Or AM I?.


I Love this. My dear friend Krysten, talked about Fear on her lovely blog and what started out as a response to a blog post, turned into.... this.  God Loves to do his own thing sometimes.

As I grow in christ I find my fears dissipating, as in I know very matter of factly that with God on my side there is no need to fear... anything, at all. So I often find myself boasting in the strength and fearlessness of the Lord! Literally, There is nothing that scares me. My motto is "aint nothing to it but to do it" also "Que Sera, Sera". In my mind and even my heart I am assured that With God Freedom to live fearless is a sure thing, nothing actually scares me. (except spiders and breaking wind in public, but those are irrational, and downright silly)

However, I never, and I mean N E V E R  stopped to take a beat & addressed, instead of ignored, a very deep rooted fear, one that I am often afraid to even think: The fear that God isn't real. I found myself living agnostically for the majority of 2011, and even tho I was in a dark place mentally quitting on God was the best thing that ever happened to me, seemingly anyways, I'd never felt so free in my life, I can't really explain it, Except to say I grew up in a christian bubble, not because of strict parents, but I seriously believed that i lived a life honoring Christ, I would be fulfilled and all my dreams would come true, and so I lived the life of a 'good christian" and  I ended up broke, depressed, suicidal and angry. So needless to say, letting go of system of beliefs was easy and comforting. What if I was wrong to let go of that life? what if I was wrong to chase God and my dreams? I've tried everything else, and that didn't satisfy me, but neither is this life I am living now? What if I was Wrong, God isn't real and I am just deeply mentally ill?

God Delivered me from all of that. He created a new me and a new life, a new dream and a peace of mind, so how/why do i allow this fear to creep up on me? How can I allow such a though plague every good and perfect aspect of God's Character? How can I have such an irrational fear? God is Real. He is very Real and alive and on the throne.

The word of God says: To take every thought captive and MAKE it obedient to Christ.

By taking control of every thought, you build up a filter, allowing only what is true to come in and enrich your life, you get rid of fear and every other lie the devil throws your way, you grow in truth, and you allow the truth to set you free!!!!

I'm still learning this, will you join me?

2 comments:

  1. Amen to this, girlie! Amen to this. Every. Stinkin'. Thought. Captive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I've told you this before and I'll say it again. watching you grow in your faith and in your belief... truly and deeply amazing.

    ReplyDelete