photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Friday, January 18, 2013

.two weeks notice.

I took two weeks off. 
Or at least I was supposed to. 
the plan was to unplug completely, from technology, from the constant pursuit of making a name for myself, form the constant need for social stimulation.
I couldn't do it.
Not because I am a typical middle class suburban adult who is permanently attached to my devices. 
I couldn't do it because two weeks off meant two weeks of not working. 
Two weeks of slacking, laziness and non production.
14 reasons my mother could throw in my face why I need to get a "real Job". 
For Everyday I am not 2 steps ahead, I feel like I am 14 steps behind.
I was supposed to take two weeks of, but I couldn't.
I couldn't take time away from something that makes me feel so much worth.
I lost sight of the passion God placed in my heart.
I all could think about was finally make it, I didn't question my dreams, I didn't question my call, I only questioned what was taking so doggone long.
I Lost sight of who God called me to be.
Ive never dreamed my dreams, so once i finally found them i held on to them with all my might.
I held on to my dreams, not my God.

While, I didn't completely unplug, I did take two weeks off. To rest in the presence of God,  to get me out of myself, and to refocus on the bigger picture. I took two weeks off to allow God to pour into me. I thought I couldn't but through him, I did. He shared some invaluable lessons with me that I will share with you at a later date.

<3 ∞

2 comments:

  1. It's always good to take a break. Going constantly will only wear you down! Glad you got some good news from it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on the social media thing. =T I say I'm going to unplug from the world, but I have a really hard time doing that! Now that I'm starting up classes again, I have a lot of hard classes that I need to focus on, so I'm turning everything off so I don't get distracted! Girl, it seems like the two weeks off were worth it! Can't wait to see what He shared with you!

    ReplyDelete