photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Core.

I am a sour person.
I know that.
I complain often, and am quite ungrateful.
I feel like Optimism is foolish and pessimism is lazy.
I don't like very many people, or very many things.
I'm not a fan of being "cheered up" or "encouraged".
I know who I am, I know what I like and what I want.
While, I am growing and evolving daily.
I, as a whole, am not really a popular opinion.

One very important thing I've learned in finding my blogging/writing voice.
To be myself, no. matter. what.
Stay true to my perspectives and opinions.
Be open to learning and listening but always stick to my guns.

I knew going into this world of writing and ministering that my voice and I would be black sheep; but to know something and live something out are extremely divergent.
Living outside the box.
We glamorize it.
We make it look fun.
We make it look popular.
That's not always real.
Outside the box is not always fun.
Sometimes it's great but most times it's not.


The Bible says:
"the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.[matt7.14ESV]"

maybe this life outside the box isn't so bad after all.
Maybe it's exactly where I am supposed to be.
Life outside the box is a bit cramped, and mostly difficult, and sometimes lonely.
however it leads to life.
Life.
Not simply being alive in a sin cursed world.
Life. Eternally.
It is why we were created.
It leads to absolute fulfillment.
In Jesus Christ.
I am a sour person living outside the box.
But all in all I am generally at peace with it all.
By it, I mean life.


There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way other people go about life,
but more importantly there is nothing wrong with the way I go about life.


We all just want to feel heard, loved and understood.
The only way for that to happen is to be yourself.
God will seriously do the rest.
It doesn't matter what your peace looks like,
as long as it keeps you connected to your lord, your savior and yourself.

I am a sour person.
I know that.
I hope that somehow I can make someone feel less alone.
Through Christ I am happy patiently waiting for him to come back.
Just like he promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment