photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

.The feminist Reformation.

A page from my journal. My attempts to sort out my head and heart and desires. So many questions; so few answers. Essentially this is just me thinking aloud.

I am woman, hear me roar!


What did single women do before the feminist movement?
How many women are out here chasing a career because thats their "only option"?
What kind of life is that?

As women our truest nature is to nurture, how can we be fully satisfied and complete when all of our energy is going towards provision?

I don't care about a career, I wasn't designed to be a "career woman". 
As a human being I feel as though I have cultivated enough skill and know how to survive, I also have retained a healthy thirst and ability to learn to survive, but I don't want to survive, I want to live and give and nurture and be fulfilled by my truest nature, however it has almost became taboo for a womans biggest/primary goal is to be a wife and/or a mother.

We are teaching our girls that was HAVE to do/have/be something outside of our family, and that being dependent on a husband is unacceptable, but isn't that how God designed it ? A heiarchy in the family system?  However, because so few people, men and woman alike, are connected to God, has the family lost it's structure?

It kind of feels like the preceding generations are to blame, because marriages fall apart to quickly and so often, no one is suggesting that as a way of living.

I can appreciate the feminist movement, giving women equal rights and abilities to choose and opportunities to be their true selves.

However, I often find myself wondering: has Feminism taken away more freedom that it intended to give?

No comments:

Post a Comment