photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Thursday, June 6, 2013

No regrets; Just love.

When I sat down to pen "Just Kidding, I'm a virgin" I had no idea that God was going to move in the way that he did.
 The idea was to write one of those true feelings letters that you don't send, so I could get some closure that I didn't even think I needed, but that quickly turned into an anecdote that I made a couple of dollars off of. Which has been really cool. (Hint: Buy my book)

What I didn't see coming were the many life lessons that restructuring that story would bring. also feelings, that thing brought up a whole lot of feelings. Which wasn't as cool. (Hint: Buy my book.)


I have never really believed in regrets; I've only believed in lessons. Everything you do, every choice you make happens to teach you a lesson. There is no need to mourn or lament the past, it was what you wanted at the time right? No regrets, Just lessons.
That is until recently when I came to fully understand what  a actually meant.

Because of my poor life choices described in 'Just Kidding, I'm a Virgin' there are a lot of friendships and life experiences that I missed out on. There is a large and vital part of my life that was lost and cannot be retuned; and all too late I have realized it is too late.

That in it's nature is regret; loss, sorrow and disappointment.

And that's ok.
Through the regrets have come many new understandings of what God is doing through me and through all of us.

I made lots of poor choices because I refused to wait, I got impatient, I knew enough about the situation and I moved on my own instead of allowing God to work out his perfect timing. and then things quickly got away from me...

We hear it all the time, to wait on God and some of you, I KNOW I SURE DID, always rolled my eyes because God always takes fooorrreeevvverrr, and without explanation, and lets just be real..... that is quite annoying.

However, I dare you all to look at your life, or look at mine even, and trust that waiting on God is worth it. Believe that God knows what he is doing and is not only preparing us for something better but protecting us from something worse.

In the end you will either be peacefully annoyed with God as you wait in faith for his perfect plan to come together, Or you will be sorrowfully filled with regret from your own foolishness, as you wait for Gods perfect plan to come together.

Those are your options, There is no weird third thing.

1 comment:

  1. Well now, what about peacefully moving forward with neither annoyance nor sorrow? That's a third thing, right? ;) LOVE how God is using you girl.

    ReplyDelete