photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Punch Fear in the Face....


 I love my pretty blog space.
funfabSAVED is my heart, my hope, my fears, my brainchild, every dream and desire, hope, failure and victory manifested into one pretty space.
and oh how lucky and blessed am I that I get to share it with you. to hear from you and learn from you and grow from you.
And while, I am madly in love and blessed beyond belief through my pretty blog space there has been a lacking. A need. an emptiness.

Testosterone.
 I love you girls and I love myself but boy do we need a little meat.
Thankfully my darling friend and fellow blogger has agreed to share a piece of his heart with us today.




What is your biggest fear in life? Is it the fear of losing a loved one? Is it the fear of not seeing another morning? Or is it the fear of losing all your life’s work? Could it be the fear of being diagnosed with some terminal illness? My fear is the fear of not being good enough.
I fear I would not be good enough for (effective) ministry, not because of things I have done, but because of things I haven’t done. I read a book or an article, and I fear I would never be good enough to come up with something like that. I have a conversation with a guy and I fear I would never be good enough to become like him. I even fear I would not be good enough to be the man my wife would want me to be, and the father my children would want to have, one day.
And it all began in 2011. I was 18 years old. I was awaiting my results to enter into the university. My results came… and they were BAD. My results were so bad, as per the educational system in my country, I wasn’t going to gain admission into any university. It was like life had been sucked out of me in one swift motion; I was only existing, with no defined purpose. Then came the questions. And then the rumors. And the nights when I’d lay in bed, away from the eyes of the world and cry myself to sleep. The prayer sessions where I only kept asking God questions: How did I become such a spectacular failure? So for all of my hard work and promise, I couldn’t even do well to be offered a course in the university, if only to reject it because I didn’t like it? I am not as good as I thought. I am not good enough. And I believed it. Secretly. How else was I to explain what had happened?



Today, two years on, I have made some giant strides in my bid to beat this fear of not being good enough. I know that whether or not we are prepared for it, life happens. But when life happens, God happens.
I come from a long line of greatness (and so do you). Check out Hebrews 11. Some of these guys subdued Kingdoms, wrought righteousness, shut the mouths of lions, escaped death by the edge of the sword, waxed valiant in fight and put whole armies to flight. How rad is that? Yet, even these triumphant heroes had a sense of smallness about them. There was a piece of some “imaginary” puzzle they thought they’d need to become complete. Moses felt it. Gideon felt it. Jeremiah felt it. Even Peter felt it. And I bet at the end of their lives they realized that it never was about them – just like it never is about me (or you, for that matter). It always has been about God. It always has been about his glory being made manifest in the stories of our lives. He gives us His grace to complement our weakness. And indeed, His grace makes us good enough – for anything.

“Each time he said, ‘My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’ So now I am glad to boast about my weakness, so that the power of Christ can work through me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)


to read more from him, and I know you will want to because he is absolutely amazing slide on over to F4BS.com.
Thanks a ton hun!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment