photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Friday, August 8, 2014

Eventually Seasons Change.

Photo Cred: @thafourth || e4photo - duh!

Change is upon me.
As I breath deeply through every mundane activity in this season

I see the waves in the distance as they rush and crash in.
I hear the tides as they rise and fall.
I feel the hot of the sun as it rises high in the east and the cool sets low in the west.

So Close, yet so far out of my reach for I am safely tucked away on the shore.

And I want to get in the boat, I wish to ride those waves and see the sun and Feel the wind as those tides wash over me. Rising and falling. Oh how I wish to experience new joys and new pains. but the captain, oh captain my captain, has me tucked away safely on the shore. resting. preparing. waiting.

As I look, I see no one around for miles in the distance just the footprints of those who were and those who are to come.

And to some, well, to most peering in I sit on the shore, like a castaway waiting for the immenant change no one sees coming. Yet, I find peace, I feel comforted. Because I don't feel alone, for I am not alone.

And not for the reasons that have been told to us, through faith and scriptures and negligence of valid feelings, but for the simple and tangible reality that in that boat will be passengers just like me, who were pruned and ripened while safely tucked away on the shore, awaiting new joy and new pains and new experiences, awaiting the captain, oh captain our captain to say:

Come a board, new adventures await.
Change is upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment