photo PicMonkeyCollageffihpix2_zps6c79cbbb.jpg

Monday, December 15, 2014

Oh My Gandhi...

I have not ever took a deeply vested interest in Mahatma Gandhi. I am fully aware of who he is, I'm just vaguely aware of what he did but somehow, my natural inclination is to quote him without my knowledge because yes, people, I am THAT insightful.

Over the past few weeks [Read: the entire year] I have immersed myself in all things William Washington James Haynes. I dove deep into the archive, unearthed some gems and have learned, studied and drowned in him. His artistry. His talent. His face. 
Those. God-Damn. Lips.
[How many times can I say things like “i wanna kiss him so badly on the mouth” & "enter me." before its considered harassment?] 


[Photo Cred: YogaRacheal.com || Instagram: @YogaRacheal || SHE IS FABULOUS! She is my Queen! Donate to her GoFundMe] [Enhance your body, enhance your mind.]

A significant part of Haynes life has been influenced by Mahatma Gandhi; From his politics, to his nose. Haynes does not shy away from exhorting his appreciation for this good man's legacy. Yet, throughout the corridors of his platforms you can hear the echo of 7 people. I don't know why it is only seven, but there are always 7 people. Probably the same 7 people that like to ‘remind’ Haynes that Gandhi was a racist, and teaching James Tiberius Haynes to hold him in such a high regard would be foolish; also Martin King was a communist for Soviet Russia. - Ok, not actually the last part but that is something I imagine The Big Seven would say.

It made me wonder though, WAS Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi ‘a racist, fascist, Hitler loving Perv’? 
[that is literally the title of an article I just read]


Then I pondered on why it even mattered.

Why is it so important for these character flaws to be exposed, [even] long after he has passed from this life?

Why must people be without flaw, in order to be looked up to, and/or held in high regard?


but I researched it anyway, And as one does, I went to the library.
I'm Just kidding. I can’t afford a library card.

Turns out, Mahatma Ghandi was not, after all, without flaw.
He lived as a human man for 78 years.

Yes, Gandhi did some not so nice things and said some not so nice words.

But he also did some very nice things and said some very nice words.

Which made me further wonder:


Why must we see others flaws before we grant them their humanity?



Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment